Our clients frequently face intellectual property challenges throughout the life cycle of their products. Within litigation, our experts assist clients by analyzing the size of relevant markets, identifying firms with potentially infringing products, estimating preliminary royalties and damages, and providing discovery support and expert testimony. In nonlitigation settings, our experts provide a full range of services to assist clients in valuing patent portfolios, supporting licensing negotiations, and managing IP risk.
Our professionals have provided critical damages analyses and expert testimony in high-profile cases over the past 15 years. Our analyses are based upon a deep understanding of the relevant industry, the value of the patents in the marketplace, and the key relationships in the data. This approach yields damage estimates that withstand intense scrutiny from opposing parties.
- On behalf of Amgen in Amgen v. Hospira, testified regarding damages arising from the allegedly infringing production of a biosimilar drug product.
- On behalf of Nova Chemicals, testified regarding damages arising from the infringing production of a polymer used for packaging and consumer products.
- On behalf of Trans Ova Genetics, testified in XY, LLC v. Trans Ova Genetics, LLC, a patent infringement and antitrust dispute in the livestock reproductive services industry.
- Testified regarding damages arising from patent infringement in the market for poker room management software and addressed defendant’s counterclaims of trade secret misappropriation.
- In Applied Medical v. Tyco Healthcare, on behalf of Applied Medical, retained as a testifying expert to evaluate patent infringement damages based on lost profits and reasonable royalties.
- Retained as a testifying expert on behalf of a leading computer manufacturer to provide economic analysis and assessment of reasonable royalties in connection with patent infringement claims.
- On behalf of SAP in Sky Technologies v. SAP, empirically estimated the contribution to customer demand resulting from the accused product features.
- Submitted expert reports and provided deposition testimony on reasonable royalty damages in Ameranth, Inc. v. Par Technology Corp. et al., a patent infringement matter in the market for wireless data synchronization technology.
- Served as testifying expert on damages in The Crystal Import Corporation v. Avid Identification Systems, an exclusionary conduct matter regarding IP involving radio frequency identification microchips.
- Provided liability and damages analysis for Dupont in its litigation against Monsanto regarding alleged antitrust and intellectual property violations.