Bates White’s experts have played important roles in some of the largest employment discrimination class action cases and in a wide range of smaller cases. We have analyzed all types of employment discrimination claims as consulting and as testifying experts, and we have worked on large cases involving public and private defendants. Our analyses have addressed a range of liability and damages claims, including FLSA-related issues, discrimination in salary, total compensation, promotions, ratings, and hiring. We have also studied claims of discrimination based on gender, race, national origin, age, disability, and other factors.
Our professionals work closely with clients to understand the details of their data, in terms of information that is recorded as well as information that is omitted. Our team then examines those data through the prism of modern labor economics and statistics and, in the case of audits, uses methods fully consistent with Office of Federal Contract Compliance Policy (OFCCP) guidelines. We give clients a clear view of where they may be exposed to compliance issues and vulnerable to litigation. In today’s complex litigation and regulatory environment, our rigorous approach leads to conclusions that stand up to close examination.
- Conducted multiple valuation studies of employee stock options in several wrongful termination cases.
- On behalf of an agency of the federal government, provided expert consulting support in a case involving claims of racial discrimination.
- Conducted audit of compensation practices for a Fortune 100 company.
- In a class action lawsuit alleging racial discrimination at a large US conglomeration, retained to provide expert consulting services. Provided economic and statistical analysis of salary, salary increases, salary-at-hire, awards and bonuses, and performance ratings.
- Provided expert consulting support in a case involving claims of gender discrimination in overtime opportunities and pay at a large manufacturing firm.
- Provided consulting and statistical services pursuant to litigation involving wage-and-hours claims at a large hospital.