Bates White LLC (“Bates White,” the “Company,” “We,” “Us,” or “Our”) takes your privacy very seriously. We believe that the responsible use of personal information collected on our website (the “Site”) is critical to our business objectives and reputation. As part of our commitment to privacy, we have adopted this Privacy Statement. The extent and type of information we receive from you on our Site depends upon the information you provide to us through our contact mailboxes and/or through the registration processes on our Sites.
Please review this Privacy Statement to learn more about how we collect, use, share and protect the personal information that we have obtained. By sharing your personal information with us through our contact mailboxes and/or through the Site, you consent to the collection and processing of your personal information as set forth in this Privacy Statement.
If you do not want us to use your information as stated in this Privacy Statement, please do not use our Site.
1. The Personal Data We Process
When you use our Site, we may collect the following information from you (collectively referred to as “Personal Data”):
includes registration date, service areas, and industry focus.
includes email address.
includes hardware model, unique device identifiers, operating system version, browser type, and device settings and other information related to how your device is interacting with our Site.
includes your approximate position based on your IP address.
includes first name and last name.
includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us.
includes event information when you visit our Site, such as errors, system activity, and date and times of your activity, and the features that you access.
2. How we collect your Personal Data
Bates White process Personal Data provided by you when interacting with us and our Site. We may automatically collect certain Personal Data about you when you are visit our Site, such as device type, IP address, and usage data. We may also receive your Personal Data from third parties such as Site analytics providers.
We may also use your Personal Data to create aggregated and de-identified information which is information that describes the habits, usage patterns and/or demographics of Site users as a group but does not reveal the identity of any particular user. We may use aggregate information to understand the needs of individuals using the Site.
Our Site does not support Do Not Track requests at this time. Do Not Track (DNT) is a privacy preference that you can set in your web browser to indicate that you do not want certain information about your webpage visits collected across websites when you have not interacted with that service on the page. For all the details, including how to turn on Do Not Track, visit donottrack.us.
3. How We Use Your Personal Data
We use your Personal Data to develop, improve, administer and secure the Site as well as our relationship with you. We may also use your Personal Data to send you marketing communications. Our use of your Personal Data is based on your consent and our legitimate interest in running the business, including providing and ensuring the proper functioning and use of the Site.
4. How long Bates White Keeps Your Personal Data
Bates White retains your Personal Data for as long as necessary for our professional, marketing or analytic purposes or to comply with legal requirements, professional standards or an individual’s request, or until that person asks that the information be deleted. In some cases, we may be required to continue to process your Personal Data for a longer period of time to comply with legal obligations (e.g. accounting or audit obligations) or for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims.
5. Disclosures of Your Personal Data
Bates White will never sell your Personal Data and we require third party processors to agree to have appropriate technical and organizational safeguards in place to adequately protect of your Personal Data. Anyone who is processing Personal Data on Bates White’s behalf is bound by contractual obligations to keep Personal Data confidential and secure, and to use it only for the purposes as instructed by us.
Bates White may share your Personal Data:
- with our service providers that we use to support and provide our business, such as technical service or operation providers;
- with our successors, if to an acquirer, successor, or assignee as part of any merger, acquisition, debt financing, sale of assets, or similar transaction, or in the event of an insolvency, bankruptcy, or receivership in which information is transferred to one or more third parties as one of our business assets, to the extent and in the way as prescribed by applicable law;
- with others with whom you ask us to share your Personal Data; or
- if we believe, in good faith, is appropriate or necessary to:
- take precautions against liability;
- protect ourselves or others from fraudulent, abusive, or unlawful uses or activity;
- investigate and defend ourselves against any third-party claims or allegations;
- protect the security or integrity of the Site; or
- protect our property or other legal rights (including, but not limited to, enforcement of our agreements), or the rights, property, or safety of others.
Although you may use our Site from a location outside of the United States, any personal data collected by us in connection with the Site may be transferred to, processed, and stored within the United States. By using the Site, you consent to the transfer of your personal data, including your contact information and location data, to countries outside of your country of residence, including to the United States. In doing so, we comply with applicable legal requirements pertaining to the transfer of personal data to other countries and will protect that information as described in this Privacy Statement.
6. How We Protect Your Personal Data
We use generally accepted industry standards, technologies, procedures and methods to protect the security of your Personal Data and to prevent unauthorized access. Despite our efforts, however, security cannot be guaranteed against all threats. We seek to limit access to your personal information to those who have a need to know and require those individuals to maintain the confidentiality of such information.
7. Third-Party Links
Bates White may provide links to websites of other organizations or companies that may offer materials and services as well as links to other sites. Please note that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for personal data that may be collected through these websites or services. We recommend that you read their privacy policies before you submit any personal data to them or use their services.
8. Additional Disclosures for California Residents
We permit residents of California to use our Site. Therefore, it is our intent to comply with the California Business and Professions Code § 22575-22579, the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”) and California Civil Code § 1798.83, known as the “Shine the Light” law. If you are a California resident you may request certain information regarding our disclosure of Personal Information to any third parties for their direct marketing purposes. In summary, you must presume that we collect electronic information from all visitors. You may contact us either at email@example.com or 1-866-683-7201 with any questions or to exercise your rights as a California Resident.
You may only make a verifiable consumer request for access or data portability twice within a 12-month period. The verifiable consumer request must:
- Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected personal information or an authorized representative.
- Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
8.1. California Resident Rights
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your CCPA rights. Unless permitted by the CCPA, we will not:
- Deny you goods or services.
- Charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties.
- Provide you a different level or quality of goods or services.
- Suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
You have the right to:
- request access to and information about your Personal Data that is being processed by us,
- request correction of your personal data if it is inaccurate or incomplete, including to provide additional data if relevant information is missing,
- request erasure of your Personal Data,
- object to our processing of your Personal Data (i) if the processing is based on our legitimate interest, or (ii) for direct marketing purposes,
- request that we restrict the processing of all or some of your Personal Data in certain situations and to ask us not to send you any direct marketing, and
- request a copy of your Personal Data in a structured, commonly used and machine readable format and that we transfer your personal data to another controller.
Bates White may deny your request, including but not limited to request to delete your information, if such information is necessary for us or our service providers to:
- Comply with a legal obligation;
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities;
- Debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality; or
- Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
8.2. How California Residents Can Exercise Their Rights
You may contact us in writing at any time to exercise your rights, preferably using the email address that is associated with your user account. We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity.
You can exercise your rights at no cost to you. However, we may charge you a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive.
9. Children’s Information
Bates White does not knowingly collect identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18 through the Site. If you are under 18, please do not give Us any information that would allow Us to identify you. We encourage parents and legal guardians to monitor their children’s Internet usage and to help enforce our Privacy Statement by instructing their children to never provide identifying information through any website without their permission. Please contact Us if you discover an individual under 18 has submitted their information contrary to this Privacy Statement and we will ensure that information is properly removed.
10. Changes to Our Privacy Statement
We reserve the right to change this Privacy Statement, and when updated, the effective date of the new version will be at the top of this policy.
11. Applicable Law and Jurisdiction
The Site is operated in the United States. If you are located outside of the United States, please be aware that any information you provide to us will be transferred to the United States. By providing us with any information through the Site, you consent to this transfer and our use of such information in accordance with this Privacy Statement.
12. Contact Us
Bates White recognizes its responsibility for protecting the online privacy of your personal information. If you have questions or comments about our administration of your personal information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last Updated: July 21, 2021