Scott Lobel has more than 19 years of experience providing economic and financial analysis in complex matters throughout the litigation process. He specializes in analyzing damages and liability in antitrust and intellectual property matters. He has testified in Federal court and provided written reports on patent valuation. He works closely with testifying experts in intellectual property disputes involving determining reasonable royalties and calculating lost profits and profits earned through infringement. Mr. Lobel also has extensive experience in cartel cases, working with plaintiffs and defendants to provide economic analysis of liability, estimate damages, assist testifying experts, and support settlement discussions and mediation. Mr. Lobel has managed project teams analyzing allegations of market manipulation, proposed acquisitions, allegations of bundling and monopolization, and breach of contract damages. In addition, Mr. Lobel is a Certified Public Accountant.
BSE, Mechanical Engineering and Economics, Duke University
- Testified in federal court on reasonable royalty damages on behalf of a biotechnology patent holder alleging infringement.
- Provided a valuation opinion and report on IP rights and other assets, including seed patents and trade secrets, to an agricultural biotechnology company involved in the production and distribution of agricultural seeds.
Supported the testifying expert on liability on behalf of defendants in In re Packaged Seafood Products Antitrust Litigation, an international price-fixing matter.
- Supporting the testifying expert on behalf of defendants in multiple product liability matters. Leading a multi-disciplinary team to collect and analyze data to address causation, respond to statistical analysis provided by opposing experts, model the populations potentially exposed to the products at issue, analyze the potential for current and future claimants and the value of their potential claims.
- Provided expert support on behalf of Amgen in its patent infringement lawsuit against Pfizer subsidiary Hospira.
- Served as the lead consulting expert for a coalition of direct action plaintiffs in In re Puerto Rican Cabotage Antitrust Litigation.
- Provided expert support on behalf of Nova Chemicals regarding damages arising from the infringing production of a polymer used for packaging and consumer products.
- Supported the testifying expert on behalf of Ameranth in In re Ameranth Patent Litigation, a patent infringement matter related to online ordering and wireless data synchronization technology.
- Provided expert support on behalf of a class of direct purchasers in In re Cathode Ray Tube (CRT) Antitrust Litigation.
- Provided expert support on behalf of Fera in Fera Pharmaceuticals LLC v. Akorn Inc.
- On behalf of the merging parties, identified competitive overlaps and analyzed likely competitive effects of a proposed transaction in the beverage industry, including retrospective merger analysis and empirical analysis of other natural experiments. Assisted in developing presentations and white papers submitted to the Federal Trade Commission.
- Supported multiple testifying experts on behalf of direct action plaintiffs in In re Dynamic Random Access Memory (DRAM) Antitrust Litigation.