Scott Lobel has more than 19 years of experience providing economic and financial analysis in complex matters throughout the litigation process. He specializes in analyzing damages and liability in antitrust and intellectual property matters. He has testified in Federal court and provided written reports on patent valuation. He works closely with testifying experts in intellectual property disputes involving determining reasonable royalties and calculating lost profits and profits earned through infringement. Mr. Lobel also has extensive experience in cartel cases, working with plaintiffs and defendants to provide economic analysis of liability, estimate damages, assist testifying experts, and support settlement discussions and mediation. Mr. Lobel has managed project teams analyzing allegations of market manipulation, proposed acquisitions, allegations of bundling and monopolization, and breach of contract damages. In addition, Mr. Lobel is a Certified Public Accountant.
BSE, Mechanical Engineering and Economics, Duke University
- Supported the testifying expert on behalf of Ameranth in In re Ameranth Patent Litigation, a patent infringement matter related to online ordering and wireless data synchronization technology.
- Provided expert support on behalf of Amgen in its patent infringement lawsuit against Pfizer subsidiary Hospira.
- Provided expert support on behalf of Nova Chemicals regarding damages arising from the infringing production of a polymer used for packaging and consumer products.
- Provided expert support on behalf of a class of direct purchasers in In re Cathode Ray Tube (CRT) Antitrust Litigation.
- Served as the lead consulting expert for a coalition of direct action plaintiffs in In re Puerto Rican Cabotage Antitrust Litigation.
- Provided expert support in IP portfolio valuation on behalf of a company involved in the production and distribution of agricultural seeds and development of agricultural biotechnology.
- Served as the lead consulting expert for direct-action plaintiffs in a transportation industry price-fixing matter.
- Provided expert support on behalf of Fera in Fera Pharmaceuticals LLC v. Akorn Inc.
- Provided economic consulting support to a health insurer in a proposed acquisition under investigation by the Department of Justice.
- Provided expert support in Ameranth, Inc. v. Par Technology Corp. et al.
- Supported multiple testifying experts on behalf of direct action plaintiffs in In re Dynamic Random Access Memory (DRAM) Antitrust Litigation.
- Served as the lead consulting expert for direct action plaintiff in an international price-fixing matter.
- Supported testifying expert on behalf of Amgen in Teva v. Amgen.