Amanda Kurzendoerfer is a Principal in the Finance Practice. She specializes in economic analysis of consumer finance-related matters and has provided expert testimony on matters involving compensation discrimination and the regulatory investigation of a large public utility company. Dr. Kurzendoerfer advises government agencies, law firms, and industry clients on issues related to data analysis, statistical sampling, damages calculations, fair lending, and settlement support. She has provided consulting services in the private sector for nearly 10 years and is an experienced researcher. Dr. Kurzendoerfer works closely with clients to provide clear and concise analysis of complex information and has additional expertise in energy market analysis and international trade economics.
PhD, Economics, University of Virginia
MA, Economics, University of Virginia
BA, Mathematical Economics, University of Kentucky
- In New Jersey Primary Care Association, Inc. v. State of New Jersey Department of Human Services, et al., advised the plaintiff regarding the allocation of settlement proceeds among Federally Qualified Health Centers.
- Providing services to the Independent Monitor in monitoring Citigroup's adherence to its settlement with the Department of Justice (DOJ) regarding residential mortgage-backed securities loans.
- Authored reports and testified on behalf of Pacific Gas & Electric (PG&E) at a hearing before the California Public Utilities Commission regarding approval of a settlement agreement related to an investigation into PG&E’s Locate and Mark practices.
- Authored declaration in a mediation to divide settlement proceeds between two plaintiffs in a case concerning gender-based discrimination in compensation. Used the defendant’s compensation structure and data to determine an appropriate allocation.
- Led economic and statistical analyses for a government agency that used the results in its effort to successfully resolve a multibillion-dollar enforcement action against a major financial institution.
Provided verification of eligibility requirements and statistical sampling strategy to assist with the monitorship of Education Management Corporation’s (EDMC) implementation of a debt forgiveness program under the terms of a settlement agreement.
- Supported testifying expert on behalf of investors in disputes over residential mortgage-backed securities (RMBS) trustees' alleged failure to properly address alleged breaches by sponsors, originators, and servicers.
- Analyzed performance of loans to estimate potential harm to investors in a fund holding the loans. Supported expert in presentation of findings to multiple government regulators.
- Performed fair lending analysis to support the monitoring of a residential mortgage-backed securities settlement agreement between the DOJ and a large financial institution.
- Advised the Department of Justice in its investigation regarding certain Wells Fargo stated-income mortgage loans.
- Forecasted prepayment and default rates to estimate future losses for more than 20 RMBS securitizations to support potential settlement negotiations.
- Analyzed financial reports of large financial institutions to calculate damages associated with exposure to certain financial products.
- Supported testifying expert with review of academic literature on money markets and bank borrowing.
- Performed analysis of high-frequency financial market data to identify trading patterns.
- Forecasted benchmark crude oil and natural gas prices to support client risk management strategies. Appeared on CNBC and Bloomberg TV to provide commentary on oil and gas markets.