Amanda Kurzendoerfer is a Managing Economist in the Finance Practice at Bates White. She specializes in economic analysis of consumer finance and financial market manipulation-related matters. Her expertise includes fair lending analysis, settlement support, and working with clients to provide clear and concise analysis of complex information. Dr. Kurzendoerfer is an experienced researcher with additional expertise in energy market forecasting and analysis of international trade patterns.
PhD, Economics, University of Virginia
MA, Economics, University of Virginia
BA, Mathematical Economics, University of Kentucky
- Analyzed performance of loans to estimate potential harm to investors in a fund holding the loans. Supported expert in presentation of findings to multiple government regulators.
- Performed fair lending analysis to support the monitoring of a residential mortgage-backed securities settlement agreement between the Department of Justice (DOJ) and a large financial institution.
- Advised a government agency in a prelitigation matter regarding the performance of certain residential mortgage loan products.
- Forecasted prepayment and default rates to estimate future losses for more than 20 RMBS securitizations to support potential settlement negotiations.
- Analyzed financial reports of large financial institutions to calculate damages associated with exposure to certain financial products.
- Supported testifying expert with review of academic literature on money markets and bank borrowing.
- Performed analysis of high-frequency financial market data to identify trading patterns.
- Forecasted benchmark crude oil and natural gas prices to support client risk management strategies. Appeared on CNBC and Bloomberg TV to provide commentary on oil and gas markets.