Corporations, trade organizations, and other participants in the healthcare and life sciences industries benefit from insight and analysis of the economic forces that shape the world in which they operate. Our experts have deep understanding of business realities, regulatory issues, and public policy considerations that influence key trends. We are experts in assessing pricing and reimbursement, quantifying and analyzing the economic impact of regulatory policies, and evaluating a wide range of business challenges as they relate to legislative and regulatory concerns. We have conducted studies and made public presentations on a wide range of issues central to internal business decision making and communications strategies with policy makers, thought leaders, and the general public.
- Prepared a report for research-based pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies evaluating potential compliance costs resulting from Affordable Care Act price reporting requirements to government agencies.
- In response to changes to the regulatory requirements for reporting prices to Texas Medicaid’s Vendor Drug Program (VDP), collaborated with compliance attorneys to develop price-calculation algorithms for a generic manufacturer.
- Engaged to provide economic analyses for various global life sciences companies. Example projects include evaluating the market for blood plasma products in light of public policy related challenges to pricing and reimbursement and potentially changing demand for specific blood proteins; assessing economic and political sustainability of spending and price trends for oncology products in several major international markets; and evaluating the link between investments in health and economic well-being over time and across countries. These analyses provide white papers for client use and potential external communication initiatives.
- Evaluated the net benefits associated with granting patent term restoration for a brand name pharmaceutical for which the US Patent and Trademark Office did not grant such extension.
- Prepared a white paper for the National Association of Manufacturers (NAM) to evaluate restrictive trade policies in place in India, among which is failure to grant patents on innovative medicines.
- On behalf of Medicaid disability claimants, evaluated a state Medicaid agency’s application of an econometric model for benefit determination and provided guidance on best arguments against such application.
- Performed an economic impact analysis of research and development (R&D) activities for a leading non-profit stem cell foundation, working with scientists to evaluate programs and assess impact on future economic activity.
- For a leading industry organization and a global life sciences company, analyzed R&D activity by life sciences companies, strategic issues and trends relating to emerging funding models for R&D including venture philanthropy and public-private partnerships, and evaluated potential impacts of changes in government assessment of R&D in its measurement of macroeconomic activity.
News & Insights
- October 12, 2016
- September 28, 2016
- July 2016
- September 2016
- May 2016
- April 6, 2016
- July 2015
- June 2015
- October 2013
- March 26–27, 2015
- February 20, 2015
- June 29, 2014 – July 2, 2014
- March 2013
- December 4, 2012 – December 5, 2012
- November 8, 2012
- July 26, 2012
- May 3, 2012