Bates White professionals arm clients with the data analytics needed to navigate and resolve investigations brought by federal and state enforcement agencies. Our clients rely on our strategic approach and extensive industry knowledge when responding to confidential government and internal investigations in civil, criminal, and regulatory enforcement matters. When healthcare industry participants, including pharmaceutical and medical device manufacturers, biotechnology companies, and healthcare providers, face government inquiries we leverage our experience working with large, complex data sets--including Medicare and Medicaid claims data, pharmaceutical sales data, and marketing data--to perform economic and empirical analyses that shed light on potential liability, causation, and damages.
- Served as lead consulting expert for a major drug manufacturer throughout a multiyear government investigation spanning several products and qui tam allegations.
- Serving as lead consulting expert for a medical device manufacturer facing a government investigation regarding allegations of FCA violations for several products.
- Serving as lead consulting expert for a medical device manufacturer facing a government investigation regarding allegations of alleged kickbacks and medically unnecessary services. Analyzing several large data sets relating to the sales and pricing of certain products as well as the frequency of certain services.
- Serving as lead consulting expert for a pharmaceutical company facing an investigation relating to alleged off-label promotion. Evaluating causation and damages using several large data sets pertaining to the sales and reimbursement of products at issue.
- Serving as lead consulting expert for a large provider of in-home healthcare services.