- Retained on behalf of Wake Forest University Baptist Medical Center regarding its proposed acquisition of High Point Regional Health.
- Retained on behalf of Emory Healthcare regarding its proposed acquisition of DeKalb Medical Center.
- Working on behalf of the Federal Trade Commission, analyzed the competitive effects of a Texas Medical Board rule requiring that physicians meet face to face with patients before offering certain services, such as prescribing medication over the telephone.
- Provided written and deposition testimony on monopoly power, monopsony power, and exclusionary conduct on behalf of a hospital system in its antitrust suit.
- Served as the consulting expert to the Massachusetts Health Policy Commission, an agency created in 2012 to increase value and access in the delivery of healthcare.
- Provided expert analysis on behalf of the FTC in its proceedings seeking to block Cabell Huntington Hospital’s acquisition of St. Mary’s Medical Center in Huntington, WV.
- Retained on behalf of Highmark Health to provide analysis to the Pennsylvania Insurance Department (PID) requesting modifications of certain conditions in the PID’s 2013 order, which was put in place following the creation of the Allegheny Health Network via Highmark’s affiliation with the then-failing West Penn Allegheny Health System.
- Provided expert support on behalf of the FTC and the State of Idaho in Federal Trade Commission v. St. Luke’s Health System, Ltd.