- Testified on behalf of defendants in In re Thomas Jefferson University and Albert Einstein Healthcare Network, litigation brought by the FTC to enjoin the proposed merger of Jefferson Health with Albert Einstein Healthcare Network.
- Supported the expert on behalf of the California Attorney General in UFCW & Employers Benefit Trust v. Sutter Health et al. The lawsuit alleged that anticompetitive practices by Sutter had led to higher healthcare costs for patients in Northern California compared to other places in the state. The parties reached a settlement in which Sutter Health is expected to pay $575 million in compensation and agree to significant conduct remedies.
- Retained on behalf of Wake Forest University Baptist Medical Center regarding its proposed acquisition of High Point Regional Health.
- Retained on behalf of Emory Healthcare regarding its proposed acquisition of DeKalb Medical Center.
- Working on behalf of the Federal Trade Commission, analyzed the competitive effects of a Texas Medical Board rule requiring that physicians meet face to face with patients before offering certain services, such as prescribing medication over the telephone.
- Served as the consulting expert to the Massachusetts Health Policy Commission, an agency created in 2012 to increase value and access in the delivery of healthcare.
- Provided expert analysis on behalf of the FTC in its proceedings seeking to block Cabell Huntington Hospital’s acquisition of St. Mary’s Medical Center in Huntington, WV.
- Retained on behalf of Highmark Health to provide analysis to the Pennsylvania Insurance Department (PID) requesting modifications of certain conditions in the PID’s 2013 order, which was put in place following the creation of the Allegheny Health Network via Highmark’s affiliation with the then-failing West Penn Allegheny Health System.
- Provided expert support on behalf of the FTC and the State of Idaho in Federal Trade Commission v. St. Luke’s Health System, Ltd.