- On behalf of Centene Corporation and WellCare Health Plans, provided economic analysis on issues related to the their proposed merger. The parties completed their $17 billion acquisition after a nine-month investigation.
- Retained on behalf of Express Scripts, a major pharmacy benefit manager, in its $67 billion merger with Cigna, one of the country’s largest health insurers.
- On behalf of Humana in connection with its proposed merger with Aetna, provided support with responses to DOJ’s second request, analyzed likely competitive effects and barriers to entry and exit in the sale of Medicare Advantage products, and analyzed likely competitive effects in the sale of individual health insurance on public exchanges.
- Provided expert work on economic analysis of likely competitive effects and efficiencies in relation to Highmark Inc.’s proposed acquisition of Blue Cross of Northeastern Pennsylvania.
- On behalf of defendant WellPoint, in In re WellPoint, Inc. Out-of-Network “UCR” Rates Litigation, provided written and deposition testimony on economic issues associated with class certification and merits in connection with alleged underpayment of out-of-network benefits associated with alleged violations of Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA), California Unfair Competition Law, breach of warranty, and breach of implied covenant of good faith obligations.
- Retained on behalf of Highmark Health to provide analysis to the Pennsylvania Insurance Department (PID) requesting modifications of certain conditions in the PID’s 2013 order, which was put in place following the creation of the Allegheny Health Network via Highmark’s affiliation with the then-failing West Penn Allegheny Health System.
- On behalf of the Missouri Department of Insurance, authored report and provided hearing testimony on the competitive effects of the proposed acquisition of Coventry by Aetna.