Bates White and E.CA Economics, with offices in Berlin, Brussels, London, and Munich, maintain a cooperative partnership to provide antitrust services in the United States and the European Union. The deep synergies of our firms provide an exceptional alliance offering clients a balance of theoretical rigor, appropriate empirical analysis, and enforcement experience. We align resources, processes, and technology to deliver complex, cross-border projects efficiently. Key to the partnership philosophy is an unwavering commitment to develop long-term client relationships and trust through collaboration.
E.CA Economics is an economics consultancy that builds its case-related advice in the fields of competition policy and regulation on research. As a partner of the European School of Management and Technology (ESMT), it draws on the latest and robust economic research, and as a professional consulting firm it offers effective and timely advice. E.CA Economics is led by Hans W. Friederiszick, a former member of the Chief Economist Team of DG Competition, and Rainer Nitsche, a former Vice President of the economics consultancy CRA International.
Bates White has delivered antitrust solutions to clients in the United States and Europe.
- Provided economic analysis and data support to defendants in connection with international freight forwarding industry investigations in the United States and Europe.
- Appeared before the DOJ and EC regarding concerns about possible effects of the proposed online search advertising agreement between Yahoo! and Google.
- Appeared before the FTC and supported expert presentations to the EC regarding concerns about possible effects of Google’s acquisition of DoubleClick.
- Provided economic analysis on behalf of plaintiff tire manufacturers in UK proceedings regarding private damages claims related to an EU synthetic rubber cartel.
- Supported Telefónica in its takeover of E-Plus in Germany.
- Advised a client on possible antitrust claims relating to aftermarket conduct in the commercial aircraft industry in both Europe and the United States.