Bates White professionals have provided critical damages analysis and testimony in many significant antitrust matters. We collaborate with leading experts in the fields of economics, finance, and econometrics to provide analyses that are properly informed by established economic and econometric theory while working closely with our clients to understand the unique challenges of each case. We apply appropriate methods including, when necessary, the most sophisticated econometric methods to estimate damages. Our analyses are based upon a deep understanding of the relevant industry, established economic and econometric theory, and pertinent financial and market data. In particular, we pay close attention to estimating key relationships in the data and testing the validity of our damage estimates in multiple ways. This approach yields damage estimates that withstand intense scrutiny from opposing parties.
- Retained to work in the LIBOR-based Financial Instruments Antitrust Litigation on behalf of a class of over-the-counter plaintiffs—the OTC class—that filed a class action lawsuit against the global banks that set US Dollar LIBOR.
- Provided expert testimony on behalf of defendant Nestlé USA in In re Chocolate Confectionary Antitrust Litigation.
Testified on behalf of plaintiffs in In re Vitamin C Antitrust Litigation, a case alleging price-fixing agreements between Chinese suppliers.
- Served as the lead expert on behalf of AMD in the landmark microprocessor antitrust case AMD v. Intel.
- Provided expert reports, deposition, and trial testimony on damages on behalf of a coalition of direct action plaintiffs in In re Urethane Antitrust Litigation.
- Provided expert reports, deposition, and trial testimony in In re TFT-LCD (Flat Panel) Antitrust Litigation on behalf of a coalition of direct action plaintiffs in the United States, Asia, and Europe represented by multiple law firms.
Provided expert reports, deposition, and trial testimony on behalf of the United States in the matters United States ex rel. Bunk v. Birkart Globistics and United States ex rel. Ammons v. Pasha Group.
Provided extensive consulting services for defendants in In re EPDM Antitrust Litigation and in In re PCP Antitrust Litigation.
Provided economic analysis on behalf of plaintiff tire manufacturers in UK proceedings regarding private damages claims related to an EU synthetic rubber cartel.
Provided extensive consulting services and expert testimony on behalf of a group of direct action plaintiffs and class plaintiffs in In re Vitamins Antitrust Litigation, one of the largest price-fixing cases in US history.
Provided expert testimony for United Health to assess damages in Omnicare v. United Health, a lawsuit alleging that pre-merger coordination led to the joint exercise of monopsony power.