Kathleen Chandler specializes in economic and statistical analyses, discovery support, and leading teams that analyze large, complex data sets. She has experience working with counsel through all stages of litigation—both in support of testifying experts as well as during government investigations and associated settlement discussions. Her work focuses on False Claims Act (FCA) and related engagements involving drug manufacturers, medical device manufacturers, and healthcare providers, which often require the analysis of large sets of Medicare or Medicaid claims data, product performance data, or IQVIA data. She also has experience in class certification, antitrust, and intellectual property matters.
MA, Applied Economics, Johns Hopkins University
BA, Economics and Spanish, University of Virginia
EXPERT Q&A SERIES
- Served as lead consulting expert to counsel for a medical device manufacturer alleged to have marketed defective diagnostic devices in violation of the FCA.
- Served as lead consulting expert to counsel for a mail-order medical equipment supplier alleged to have provided kickbacks to patients in the form of free products in violation of the FCA.
- Served as lead consulting expert to counsel for a pharmaceutical manufacturer facing allegations that its physician marketing practices and patient support programs constituted kickbacks that violated California law.
- Provided consulting expertise to counsel for a large medical care provider alleged to have violated the FCA by failing to comply with Medicare guidance regarding laboratory testing frequency.
- In United States ex rel. Kevin N. Colquitt v. Abbott Labs., Inc., served as lead manager supporting Dr. Eric M. Gaier's expert analyses in connection with alleged off-label promotion of biliary stents.
- Provided consulting and expert support to counsel for a healthcare provider alleged to have violated multiple states’ FCA laws by administering products that potentially resulted in poor health outcomes when prescribed inappropriately.
- In In re EpiPen ERISA Litigation, supported academic affiliate’s expert analyses of economic issues related to class certification on behalf of a joint defense group of leading Pharmacy Benefit Managers facing allegations that they breached purported fiduciary obligations associated with EpiPen® rebates.
- In Medical Mutual of Ohio v. AbbVie Inc. et al., supported Dr. Eric Gaier’s expert analysis of economic issues related to class certification on behalf of a joint defense group of leading testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) manufacturers facing alleged RICO violations concerning purported misrepresentations and off-label marketing to third-party payors.
- In Legg v. Lab. Corp. of Am. Holdings, served as lead manager supporting expert’s analyses on behalf of a large clinical laboratory testing provider alleged to have violated the Fair and Accurate Credit Transactions Act (FACTA) by evaluating how data documenting the allegedly at-issue transactions informed the ascertainability of plaintiff’s proposed class and the determination of whether individual issues predominate over common issues.
- Provided consulting support to counsel representing Humana in connection with its proposed merger with Aetna. Analyzed competition on the Affordable Care Act exchanges and the extent to which Medicare Accountable Care Organizations compete with Medicare Advantage Plans in providing managed care to seniors.
News & Insights
- February 22, 2024
- June 27, 2023
- March 16, 2023
- June 6, 2022
- May 16, 2019