Dave Lorenz is a Manager in the Life Sciences Practice. His work focuses on statistical and economic analysis of issues involving pharmaceutical manufacturers, medical device manufacturers, healthcare providers, and other life sciences industry participants involved in litigation and government investigations. He specializes in analyzing and leading teams analyzing large and complex data sets in the life sciences industry. He has significant experience supporting counsel and experts through all phases of the litigation—including support of discovery, trial, and settlement negotiations. As a Manager in the Data Science and Statistics Practice as well, Mr. Lorenz also has extensive experience applying machine learning, data visualization, and big data processing techniques to extract insights for clients.
MS, Business Analytics, University of Virginia
BS, Economics, Schreyer Honors College, Penn State University
- In New Jersey Primary Care Association, Inc. v. State of New Jersey Department of Human Services, et al., supported the expert in advising the plaintiff regarding the allocation of settlement proceeds among Federally Qualified Health Centers.
- In In re National Prescription Opiate Litigation, supported testifying experts and counsel with data analysis of marketing and prescribing data to evaluate causation and damages on behalf of a manufacturer defendant concerning allegations of inappropriate marketing of prescription opioids.
- In United States v. Novartis Pharmaceuticals Corp., supported Dr. Eric Gaier and counsel with analysis of marketing, prescribing, and claims data to assess causation and damages on behalf of Novartis in connection with alleged FCA violations associated with alleged kickbacks concerning Novartis’s promotional events for ten self-administered drugs indicated for hypertension or type 2 diabetes.
- Supported Dr. Eric Gaier in United States v. Novartis Pharmaceuticals Corp. and BioScrip, Inc. with analysis of causation, damages, and drug adherence on behalf of Novartis.
- Provided medical device manufacturer facing a government investigation of a diagnostic testing product with statistical analyses. Supported manufacturer in its interactions with the Food and Drug Administration regarding the diagnostic performance of the product.