Marisa Swab is a Manager in Bates White’s Antitrust and Competition Practice. She has led multiple teams in expert and consulting support, involving extensive data processing, complex data analysis, and voluminous document review, for multiple antitrust matters. Many of these matters culminated in report submissions and subsequent expert depositions. In addition, Ms. Swab has provided clients with settlement and mediation support. Her work has included matters in the automotive, electronics, consumer goods, telecommunications, pharmaceuticals, and banking and financial services industries.
BA, Economics and Psychology, University of Virginia (with distinction)
- Supported multiple testifying experts working on behalf of a large plaintiff in pharmaceutical pay-for-delay litigation.
- In a matter involving allegations of FRAND violation and monopolization, developed market power and market definition report sections and performed data processing and data analysis to support the expert.
- Performed data processing and analysis, assisted in formulating settlement demands based on volume of commerce, and provided mediation support for clients in the electronics and retail industries.
- Provided expert support in the LIBOR-based Financial Instruments Antitrust Litigation on behalf of a class of over-the-counter plaintiffs—the OTC class—that filed a class action lawsuit against the global banks that set US Dollar LIBOR.
- Processed, analyzed, and synthesized client data to evaluate exposure to litigation and to gather insights on issues relating to the frequency and medical appropriateness of certain services performed in support of consulting expert for a large chain healthcare provider facing a government investigation concerning billing practices.
- Processed, analyzed, and synthesized client data to evaluate exposure to litigation for a medical device manufacturer facing government investigation regarding alleged kickbacks and medically unnecessary services.