Jorge Gallardo-García has authored and submitted expert reports and declarations and provided testimony in numerous litigation matters. He has extensive experience in statistical modeling and data analysis and performs economic analysis, valuation, forecasting, sample design, and research, as well as discovery support. He has worked on numerous engagements involving product liability issues, in the context of bankruptcy procedures, insurance coverage disputes and settlement support, financial reporting, and strategic consulting. In addition, he has presented results of his work at national conferences on asbestos litigation topics and actuarial methods.
Prior to joining Bates White, Dr. Gallardo-García conducted empirical research on social program evaluation, labor and health economics, and demography. As part of his research, he simulated policy experiments for evaluating effects of different government health policies may have on health outcomes. In 2006, Dr. Gallardo-García received the first place award in the research category of the Banamex Economics Award, one of the most prestigious prizes for economic research in México.
PhD, Economics, University of Pennsylvania
MA, Economics, University of Pennsylvania
MS, Economics, Instituto Tecnológico Autónomo de México
BS, Economics and BS, Business Administration, Instituto Tecnológico Autónomo de México
- Engaged as expert by John Crane Inc. in Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act (RICO) lawsuits it filed against certain law firms in connection with the firms’ conduct in previous personal injury and wrongful death cases alleging exposure to John Crane’s asbestos-containing products.
- Supported the expert in asbestos liability valuation matter In re Bestwall LLC bankruptcy proceedings.
Submitted a declaration on behalf of insurance companies in relation to the matter In re Pittsburgh Corning Corporation.
- Authored expert reports and declarations and provided deposition and trial testimony on behalf of the debtors in In re Garlock Sealing Technologies, LLC.
- Led team in support of expert in asbestos claims valuation for financial reporting purposes on behalf of certain Halliburton stockholders regarding Halliburton's financial disclosures of its asbestos liabilities after its acquisition of Dresser.
- Led team supporting the expert in asbestos claims valuation, estimation methodology, and asbestos reinsurance billing on behalf of American Re-Insurance Company and ACE Property and Casualty Company.
- Produce annual and quarterly estimates of companies’ potential asbestos and other tort expenditures, and author opinion letters to help clients ensure compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley, SEC, and other comprehensive reporting requirements.
- Estimated and simulated future asbestos-related expenses in litigation contexts.
- Implemented insurance allocation of asbestos-related losses in financial reporting, invoicing, and litigation contexts.
- Designed and implemented statistically representative samples for claim file audits regarding asbestos claims.
- Directed protocol design and database construction based on data collected through claim file reviews regarding asbestos claims.
News & Insights
- August 30, 2022
- December 2–3, 2014
- September 15, 2014
- July 29, 2014
- March 18, 2014