David Barth has 20 years of experience studying alleged and admitted anticompetitive conduct. He specializes in evaluating firms’ behavior and market outcomes in class certification, liability, and damages analyses. His expertise spans cartel and monopolization cases. He leads project teams that analyze data and review discovery materials, working with counsel and testifying experts through all phases of litigation. He has significant courtroom experience distilling complex economic and econometric analysis into trial exhibits, testimony, cross-examination, and client argument. He also provides client support on summary judgment, Daubert, and discovery issues.
PhD, Economics, Northwestern University
MA, Economics, Northwestern University
BA, Economics (with distinction and departmental honors), Stanford University
- In United States et al. v. Google LLC, supported multiple testifying experts in on behalf of the US Department of Justice.
- In an intellectual property matter involving music royalty payments, co-led the team that processed and analyzed daily stream counts for tens of millions of tracks of music, with a focus on the entry of new tracks and the distribution of their plays over time.
In City of Almaty, Kazakhstan and BTA Bank JSC v. Mukhtar Ablyazov, Viktor Khrapunoy, Ilyas Khrapunov, and Triadou SPV S.A., supported the testifying expert.
- In In re Benco, Schein, and Patterson, supported the testifying expert on behalf of the Federal Trade Commission.
- In In re Optical Disk Drive Products Antitrust Litigation, supported testifying expert.
- In In re Urethane Antitrust Litigation, supported testifying expert.
- In Federal Trade Commission v. Qualcomm, supported testifying expert.
- Provided analysis of terms in contracts between American Express and merchants on behalf of American Express.
- In Novell, Inc. v. Microsoft Corp., supported testifying experts.
- In United States and State of Texas v. United Regional Health Care System, supported expert analysis.
- In In re Cathode Ray Tube (CRT) Antitrust Litigation, supported testifying expert.
- In In re TFT-LCD (Flat Panel) Antitrust Litigation, provided expert support on behalf of a coalition of direct action plaintiffs in the United States, Asia, and Europe.
- In In re Dynamic Random Access Memory (DRAM) Antitrust Litigation, supported testifying liability experts.
- In In re Linerboard Antitrust Litigation, supported testifying liability expert.
- In In re Electrical Carbon Products Antitrust Litigation, supported damages expert.
News & Insights
- January 3, 2017