Brian McClelland works directly with clients on settlement negotiation and complex litigation matters. He has managed multiple project teams to provide economic analyses, data mining, database development and management, discovery support, and research for numerous client engagements. Mr. McClelland has assisted leading law firms and Fortune 500 clients in a variety of industries including finance, computer technology, agriculture, chemicals, pulp and paper, and pharmaceuticals.
Mr. McClelland directs teams responsible for discovery support, data and damages analyses, and settlement and mediation support for opt-out plaintiff groups. He also works with clients on defense matters to resolve civil exposure for both class and opt-out litigation in direct and indirect matters, devise settlement strategies, and assist with responding to government investigations.
MBA, Sloan School of Management, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
BA, Economics, Dickinson College
- Provided expert support in the LIBOR-based Financial Instruments Antitrust Litigation on behalf of a class of over-the-counter plaintiffs—the OTC class—that filed a class action lawsuit against the global banks that set US Dollar LIBOR.
Provided expert support on behalf of Residential Funding Company, LLC (RFC) and the ResCap Liquidating Trust in a number of lawsuits consolidated in Minnesota and New York courts.
- Supported multiple testifying experts working on behalf of direct and indirect corporate plaintiffs in the matter In re TFT-LCD (Flat Panel) Antitrust Litigation.
- Retained by Fortune 500 company to investigate potential dumping of a consumer product in Central America.
- Supported testifying expert in litigation involving extensive accounting and financial fraud by executives at Adelphia.
- Supported consulting expert in a chemical industry price-fixing matter in Europe. Worked with attorneys to determine case and settlement strategy.
- Worked with lead consulting expert for defendants in In re Ethylene Propylene Diene Monomer (EPDM) Antitrust Litigation and in In re Polychloroprene (PCP) Antitrust Litigation.
- Supported testifying expert for two coalitions of direct-action plaintiffs in In re Rubber Chemicals Antitrust Litigation.
- Supported the liability testifying expert for a large coalition of direct-action plaintiffs in a complex horizontal conspiracy in In re Linerboard Antitrust Litigation.
- Supported the testifying experts on damages and liability issues for a large plaintiff opt-out group in In re Vitamins Antitrust Litigation.
- Provided consulting services to large purchasers potentially impacted by a price-fixing investigation in the pulp and paper industry.