Saurav Karki is a Principal in the Finance Practice. He specializes in providing consulting, economic and financial analysis, and damages analysis. He advises government agencies, law firms, and industry clients on these issues in consulting engagements, arbitration proceedings, and litigation. Mr. Karki has broad experience in a variety of industries, including financial institutions, cable and telecommunications, defense, pharmaceutical, hedge funds, and software.
He teaches a graduate-level course in healthcare finance at Johns Hopkins University. Mr. Karki has an MBA with a concentration in finance from Georgetown University and is a Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) charterholder.
MBA, Georgetown University
BA, Business Administration and Computer Information Systems, Wartburg College
- On behalf of Mayagüez in Mayagüez, S.A. v. Citigroup, Inc. and Citibank, N.A., supported the testifying expert’s analysis and deposition.
- Led economic and statistical analyses for a government agency that used the results in its effort to successfully resolve a multibillion dollar enforcement action against a major financial institution.
- On behalf of the plaintiff in Wells Fargo Bank et al. v. Merrimack Pharmaceuticals, Inc., co-led the team supporting the expert and performed a valuation of Merrimack’s pipeline of oncology drugs that supported the opinion that the sale of Merrimack’s sole commercial product constituted a fundamental change of the company.
- Co-led the consulting team in an SEC civil suit involving the mark-to-market valuation of a portfolio of credit default swaps at a large financial services firm.
- Provided consulting support for a regulator in a matter involving alleged manipulation and front running in the foreign exchange market.
- Supported the testifying expert in an arbitration proceeding on behalf of a hedge fund manager who sought compensation from the termination of a contract to receive seed money to start a private equity-based hedge fund.
- Supported testifying expert in a lawsuit related to the termination of a private equity fund manager.
- Supported the testifying expert in a breach of contract dispute regarding the assets purchased by the asset manager and trustee of a European CDO.
- Supported the testifying expert in estimating lost profits from premature contract termination to distribute dental regenerative products in the North American market.
- Supported the testifying expert in arbitration proceeding involving a contract dispute between defense contractors.
- Supported the consulting and testifying expert work in the Adelphia fraud litigation.
- Supported multiple testifying experts in Novell, Inc. v. Microsoft Corp., an alleged monopolization lawsuit.
- In In re TFT-LCD Antitrust Litigation, supported testifying expert to a large coalition of direct-action plaintiffs involved in price-fixing litigations in the United States, Asia, and Europe.
News & Insights
- October 2020
- May 2020
- September 2018, with appendix (updated April 2019)
- February 19, 2018