Nitin Dua specializes in antitrust analysis of mergers and monopolization issues. He has extensive experience leading economic and statistical analyses on several high profile hospital and insurance merger cases on behalf of federal agencies and private entities. He has supervised economic analyses in major telecom matters, including the merger between AT&T and Time Warner. In addition to healthcare and telecom, Dr. Dua has also worked on engagements involving intellectual property issues in the music industry and antitrust damages in the airlines industry.
PhD, Economics, Florida State University
MS, Economics, Florida State University
Master of Business Economics, University of Delhi, India
Bachelor of Business Economics, University of Delhi, India
- Co-led the Bates White team providing support for Prof. Carl Shapiro, who served as DOJ’s chief economic expert in its litigation effort to block the merger between AT&T and Time Warner Inc.
- On behalf of Humana in connection with its proposed merger with Aetna, supported Aetna and Humana’s efforts to respond to DOJ’s second request, and supervised analyses of likely competitive effects and barriers to entry and exit in the sale of Medicare Advantage products.
- Led the team supporting the expert analysis of Dr. Cory Capps on behalf of the FTC in its proceedings seeking to block Cabell Huntington Hospital’s acquisition of St. Mary’s Medical Center in Huntington, WV.
- Supported the expert analysis of Dr. Keith Waehrer on behalf of Pandora in its litigation with Broadcast Music, Inc. (BMI).
- Supported the expert work of Dr. Cory S. Capps on economic analysis of likely competitive effects and efficiencies in relation to Highmark Inc.’s proposed acquisition of Blue Cross of Northeastern Pennsylvania (BCNEPA).
- In In the Matter of OSF Healthcare System, a corporation, and Rockford Health System, performed economic analysis to support the testifying expert assessing, on behalf of the Federal Trade Commission (FTC), the competitive effects of OSF Healthcare System’s proposed acquisition of Rockford Health System in Rockford, Illinois.
- Assisted Vermont-based Fletcher Allen Partners (FAP) in securing FTC clearance for FAP’s proposed affiliation with New York-based Community Providers, Inc. (CPI).
- Supported the expert analysis of Dr. Keith Waehrer to the Copyright Royalty Board on behalf of National Public Radio, Inc. and the Corporation for Public Broadcasting as part of the Webcasting IV proceeding.
- In the matter In re Petition of Pandora Media, Inc., worked as part of the team providing support for the expert analyses, reports, and testimony of Dr. Leslie Marx on behalf of Pandora in its litigation with the American Society of Composers, Authors, and Publishers (ASCAP).
News & Insights
- September 17, 2019