Jeffrey Brown has over 20 years of experience as an economist in projects related to litigation and business strategy. His expertise includes empirical analysis of issues involving strategic pricing, intellectual property, and damages estimation. He has provided expert analysis and testimony for cases in the computer software, construction, semiconductor, and wireless technology industries. Outside of litigation, Dr. Brown has consulted with businesses on database design, pharmaceutical marketing strategy, IP licensing alternatives, and cost of capital analysis. Dr. Brown currently leads cases in the antitrust and intellectual property practices.
Prior to joining Bates White, Dr. Brown worked as a Research Analyst at Salomon Brothers and the Federal Reserve Board. He has also served as a consultant to the RAND Corp., Equico Inc., and McKinsey & Co.
PhD, Economics, University of California, Los Angeles
BA, Economics, Stanford University
- On behalf of Apple, supported the liability expert in Apple Inc. v. Qualcomm Inc.
- Served as testifying expert in a merger between manufacturers of home automation systems.
- Served as testifying expert in a patent infringement case in the market for poker room management software.
- Served as testifying expert in In re Garlock Sealing Technologies LLC et al.
- Served as testifying expert in litigation involving breach of an NDA regarding wireless payment card technology.
- Served as testifying expert in AMD v. Intel.
- Served as the lead liability consulting expert in Complete Entertainment Resources LLC v. Live Nation Entertainment, Inc., et al.
- Provided expert support on behalf of Samsung in US International Trade Commission (ITC) cases No. 337-TA-862 and No. 337-TA-868, two related investigations involving standard-essential patents (SEPs).
- Provided consulting support in the market for baseband processors and potential FRAND violations in the licensing of standard essential patents (SEPs).
- Provided consulting support regarding wireless location detection patent valuation.
- Provided expert support in Applied Medical v. Tyco Healthcare.
News & Insights
- August 31, 2020