Wesley Reppert supports the Antitrust and Competition Practice and the Healthcare and Life Sciences Practice at Bates White. He has considerable experience building, processing, and managing large, complex data sets for economic analysis. He has worked on multiple project teams to provide database development and management, economic analysis, damages analysis, discovery and deposition support, and industry research for clients through all stages of litigation. Wesley has worked on matters related to the electronics, healthcare, chemical, and transportation industries, among others.
BA, Economics, Canisius College
- On behalf of TWC Product and Technology, LLC, supported the expert in responding to a complaint filed by the People of the State of California, alleging that The Weather Channel (TWC) mobile app misled users by failing to provide transparent details about how TWC used app users’ location data.
- In In re Benco, Schein, and Patterson, on behalf of the Federal Trade Commission, supported the expert in defining relevant markets, analyzing alleged conduct, and evaluating its effects.
- On behalf of Apple in Apple Inc. v. Qualcomm Inc., supported the expert in analyzing the extent of Qualcomm’s market power in modem chipsets, Qualcomm’s conduct with respect to original equipment manufacturers (OEM), including Apple, and the effects of Qualcomm’s conduct on OEMs and Qualcomm’s rivals.
- Provided expert support on behalf of Fera in Fera Pharmaceuticals LLC v. Akorn Inc.
- Provided expert support on behalf of Dell Inc. and Dell Products, Inc. in In re Optical Disk Drive Products Antitrust Litigation.
- Provided expert support on behalf of a class of direct purchasers in In re Cathode Ray Tube (CRT) Antitrust Litigation.
- Provided expert support on behalf of two reinsurers in arbitration over covered losses incurred by a pharmaceutical company.
- Provided expert support on behalf of Eli Lilly in connection with its $5.4 billion acquisition of Novartis Animal Health.
- In In re TFT-LCD (Flat Panel) Antitrust Litigation, supported testifying expert working on behalf of a large coalition of direct action plaintiffs in the United States, Asia, and Europe in performing economic analyses to assess liability and damages resulting from the alleged illegal conduct.
- In In re Urethane Antitrust Litigation, supported testifying expert working on behalf of a large coalition of opt-out plaintiffs.
- In United States and State of Texas v. United Regional Health Care System, supported testifying expert working on behalf of Department of Justice to analyze the competitive effects of United Regional’s exclusionary contracts with health insurers.