This annual event—named to honor the legacy of Distinguished Professor of Economics and Bates White Co-founder Hal White—convenes academics and attorneys for two days of panel discussions, case studies, and informational sessions about the latest developments in antitrust and economic policy.
On Monday, June 5, from 3:00–6:00 PM, we will host two practitioner panel sessions followed by a keynote speech over dinner. More details can be found below.
To register to attend the panels and dinner, click here. There is no cost to attend. RSVPs are due by June 1.
Panel 1: The rules of the game: The new Merger Guidelines
- Nicholas Hill, Partner, Bates White LLC (moderator)
- Joseph Farrell, Professor, University of California, Berkeley and Partner, Bates White LLC
- Renata Hesse, Partner, Sullivan & Cromwell LLP
- Bruce Hoffman, Partner, Cleary Gottlieb LLP
- Creighton Macy, Partner, Baker & McKenzie LLP
- Amanda Reeves, Partner, Latham & Watkins LLP
- Nancy Rose, Professor, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
Panel 2: Looking back on 5 years of the Supreme Court Amex decision
- Pauline Kennedy, Principal, Bates White LLC (moderator)
- Peter Barbur, Partner, Cravath, Swaine & Moore LLP
- Julie Elmer, Partner, Freshfields LLP
- David Lawrence, Antitrust Division Policy Director, US Department of Justice
- Tara Reinhart, Partner, Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP
- Michael Whinston, Professor, Massachusetts Institute of Technology and Partner, Bates White LLC
The reception, dinner, and keynote speech will take place Monday, June 5, from 6:00–9:00 PM, at the Ritz-Carlton. We are pleased to welcome Ryan Danks, Antitrust Division Director of Civil Enforcement, US Department of Justice, as our keynote speaker.
For more information about the conference, email email@example.com.