Kory Shipp has experience in data analytics, economic analysis, and developing models for damages estimation. He has supported consulting and testifying experts in a variety of matters in the areas of structured finance, cryptocurrency, bankruptcy, and liability valuation.
BS, Economics, Mathematics, Brigham Young University
- Supported damages expert on behalf of Ambac Assurance Corporation in a series of lawsuits against Bank of America entities, including Countrywide (which Bank of America acquired in 2008), related to residential mortgage-backed securities (RMBS) insured by Ambac.
- In the matter In re RFC and ResCap Liquidating Trust Litigation, managed the team of consultants supporting the testifying expert.
- Supported the testifying expert in the matter MASTR Adjustable Rate Mortgages Trust 2006-OA2 v. UBS Real Estate Securities involving mortgage-backed securities.
- Supported the testifying expert in the matter Syncora Guarantee Inc. v. EMC Mortgage Corp.
- Supported the testifying expert in the matter CIFG v. Bank of America involving mortgage-backed securities.
- Supported the testifying expert in the matter Assured Guaranty Municipal Corp. v. DB Structured Products, Inc. involving mortgage-backed securities.
- Supported the testifying experts on behalf of the Debtors in the matter In re Garlock Sealing Technologies, LLC.
- Supported the asbestos liability valuation expert on behalf of Specialty Products Holding Corp./Bondex International in its bankruptcy proceedings.
- Supported the expert retained by DOJ’s Antitrust Division for a proposed merger in the publishing industry.
- Supported the damages expert in American Airlines v. Sabre on behalf of American Airlines in a suit filed in Texas state court.