Steven Schulenberg leads some of Bates White’s largest engagements on behalf of many of the firm’s Fortune 500 clients. He advises clients on economic issues related to complex antitrust litigation and collaborates with counsel to develop case strategy.
Dr. Schulenberg is an expert in matters of alleged price-fixing and anticompetitive conduct. He has more than 15 years of experience in defense and plaintiff matters and works with clients to resolve civil exposure for class and opt-out litigation. He also works with clients under scrutiny from government investigations and provides support for arbitrations and mediations.
Dr. Schulenberg directs the development of economic theories and works with testifying experts on liability and damages issues. He leads large teams responsible for developing affirmative and rebuttal analyses, executing work product, supporting experts in preparation of expert reports, and preparing deposition and trial exhibits.
PhD, Economics, Pennsylvania State University
BSE, Electrical Engineering and Economics, Duke University
- Served as lead consulting expert for a large coalition of direct action plaintiffs in In re TFT-LCD (Flat Panel) Antitrust Litigation.
- Provided expert support in the LIBOR-based Financial Instruments Antitrust Litigation on behalf of a class of over-the-counter plaintiffs—the OTC class—that filed a class action lawsuit against the global banks that set US Dollar LIBOR.
- Supported economic analyses of expert on behalf of DOJ in United States v. AB Electrolux, Electrolux North America, Inc., and General Electric Company.
- Served as consulting expert for a defendant in In re Chocolate Confectionary Antitrust Litigation.
- Served as consulting expert in In re DRAM Antitrust Litigation.
- Oversaw development of the financial and statistical damages analyses for major defendants in In re EPDM Antitrust Litigation and in In re PCP Antitrust Litigation.
- Served as lead consulting expert on damages in the landmark microprocessor antitrust case AMD v. Intel.
- Led a team responsible for submitting a white paper to the FCC in connection with the proposed merger of AT&T and Bellsouth.
- Served as lead consulting expert on liability for a large coalition of corporate plaintiffs in In re Linerboard Antitrust Litigation.
- Oversaw development of the damages estimation for a major corporate defendant in In re Polyester Staple Fiber Antitrust Litigation.