Allison Zalazar works in the antitrust and competition practice where she assists in the preparation of economic expert testimony and provides consulting support across a variety of industries, including agriculture, healthcare, music royalties, and sports broadcasting. She specializes in in-depth industry research and analysis of complex datasets to shed light on antitrust issues that clients face. She has experience supporting both private companies and regulatory agencies through all phases of litigation.
MA, Applied Economics, Johns Hopkins University
BS, Economics, American University
- On behalf of DuPont, provided analysis of the likely competitive effects of its proposed merger with Dow Chemical in a wide range of markets, including seeds and transgenic traits, agricultural chemicals, and specialty polymers.
- On behalf of health insurer Anthem, supported analysis for expert report in a case concerning Anthem’s proposed $54 billion merger with Cigna.
- Provided analysis of the likely competitive effects of a merger of providers of medical services to patients in nursing homes and other institutions.
- Supported lead expert on behalf of DOJ in analyzing the proposed merger of silicon metal producers FerroAtlantico and Globe Specialty Metals.
- Supported lead expert on behalf of Highmark Inc., who provided economic analysis of competitive effects and synergies in relation to its acquisition of Blue Cross of Northeastern Pennsylvania (BCNEPA).
- Supported testifying expert on behalf of Pandora in Broad. Music, Inc. v. Pandora Media, Inc., its litigation with Broadcast Music, Inc. (BMI) regarding the royalty rate for Pandora’s use of music licensed by BMI.
- Supported testifying expert on behalf of Pandora in In re Petition of Pandora Media, Inc., its litigation with the American Society of Composers, Authors, and Publishers (ASCAP).
- Supported testifying expert in the matter Certain Oil Country Tubular Goods (OCTG) before the International Trade Commission.