Allison Zalazar works in the antitrust and competition practice where she assists in the preparation of economic expert testimony and provides consulting support across a variety of industries, including agriculture, healthcare, music royalties, and sports broadcasting. She specializes in in-depth industry research and analysis of complex data sets to shed light on antitrust issues that clients face. She has experience supporting both private companies and regulatory agencies through all phases of litigation.
MA, Applied Economics, Johns Hopkins University
BS, Economics, American University
- On behalf of Tronox, led the Bates White team supporting the expert in analyzing the proposed 2020 acquisition of Eramet’s TiZir Titanium & Iron business before the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) and the Competition and Markets Authority of the United Kingdom.
- Worked on the merger of Evonik and PeroxyChem, two North American manufacturers of hydrogen peroxide, in support of the expert and on behalf of the merging parties. Evonik prevailed in the litigation and the merger closed in early 2020.
- On behalf of Ensco and Rowan, two offshore drilling firms, supported the expert to provide economic analysis of the likely effect of their proposed merger on rig provision in the US portion of the Gulf of Mexico.
- Supported the testifying expert on behalf of the Federal Trade Commission in its litigation over the proposed merger between Tronox and Cristal, two leading suppliers of chloride-process titanium dioxide.
- On behalf of DuPont, provided analysis of the likely competitive effects of its proposed merger with Dow Chemical in a wide range of markets, including seeds and transgenic traits, agricultural chemicals, and specialty polymers.
- On behalf of health insurer Anthem, supported analysis for expert report in a case concerning Anthem’s proposed $54 billion merger with Cigna.
- Provided analysis of the likely competitive effects of a merger of providers of medical services to patients in nursing homes and other institutions.
- Supported lead expert on behalf of DOJ in analyzing the proposed merger of silicon metal producers FerroAtlantico and Globe Specialty Metals.
- Supported lead expert on behalf of Highmark Inc., who provided economic analysis of competitive effects and synergies in relation to its acquisition of Blue Cross of Northeastern Pennsylvania (BCNEPA).
- Supported testifying expert on behalf of Pandora in Broad. Music, Inc. v. Pandora Media, Inc., its litigation with Broadcast Music, Inc. (BMI) regarding the royalty rate for Pandora’s use of music licensed by BMI.
- Supported testifying expert on behalf of Pandora in In re Petition of Pandora Media, Inc., its litigation with the American Society of Composers, Authors, and Publishers (ASCAP).
- Supported testifying expert in the matter Certain Oil Country Tubular Goods (OCTG) before the International Trade Commission.