- Applied econometrics
- Applied microeconomics
- Class certification
- Damaged estimation
- Economic impact analysis
- Financial fraud
- Intellectual property
- Labor economics
- Market manipulation
- Reasonable royalty analysis
- Statistical analysis
- Natural gas
- Online gaming
- Structured products
Dr. Arunachalam specializes in application of empirical methods and economic principles to questions arising in civil litigation. He has experience in matters involving intellectual property damages, market manipulation, price fixing, bid-rigging, and commercial fraud. His work spans a number of industries, including structured financial products, chemicals, natural gas, and processed milk.
- Supported testifying expert in a class action alleging conspiracy to manipulate natural gas prices. Analyzed effects of alleged misreporting and evaluated opposing expert’s damages analysis. Assisted expert in report analysis and preparing for depositions. Supported client in settlement negotiations.
- Supported testifying expert in a Canadian patent infringement case concerning polyethylene. Evaluated potential damages under remedies involving reasonable royalty, disgorgement of profits, and ramp up. Assisted in preparation of reply report and trial testimony.
- Supported testifying expert in testimony before Federal Energy Regulatory Commission on issues related to allegations of natural gas price misreporting.
- Supported testifying expert in a class action alleging collusion in the processed milk industry. Analyzed empirical evidence regarding spatial competition between milk producers and helped prepare rebuttal expert report.
- Supported testifying expert in criminal proceeding involving allegations of bid rigging at municipal tax lien auctions. Analyzed bidder conduct and assisted with preparation of trial demonstratives.
- Submitted expert statement in US Citizenship and Immigration Services proceedings regarding application for asylum and for withholding of removal.
PhD, Economics, University of California, Berkeley
MA, Economics, University of California, Berkeley
MA, History, University of California, Berkeley
BA, Philosophy, Religion, and History, University of Southern California (magna cum laude)