Bates White provides mass tort product liability valuation services ranging from preliminary assessments of potential liability, such as personal injury and property damage, to formal expert reports and testimony. Through our extensive work on asbestos liability cases, Bates White has developed a proven methodology applicable to a wide range of environmental and product liability situations. We use a systematic approach that combines scientific and industry expertise with advanced analytical tools to delve into data with precision and clarity.
Although the underlying products, methods of exposure, and epidemiology may vary from case to case, our step-by-step approach applies across liability contexts, allowing us to guide clients to make better decisions about issues involving asbestos, environmental pollution, and other mass tort liabilities.
- Advised and participated in settlement mediations on behalf of, a group of automobile manufacturers regarding the scope of potential future personal injury and wrongful death claims from defective airbags in the Takata bankruptcy proceedings.
- Provided expert testimony regarding the sufficiency of the proposed aggregate product liability claim settlement on behalf of the settling insurers in In re Blitz USA Inc.
- Estimated potential silica-related personal injury liability to advise a major friction products manufacturer undergoing Chapter 11 reorganization.
- Retained as testifying expert on behalf of the insurance committee in the bankruptcy proceedings of a major asbestos products manufacturer.
- Estimated potential liability resulting from federalization of asbestos-related personal injury claims for a major construction products manufacturer.
- Improved the defense strategy of companies by applying our industry knowledge, data analysis, and predictive modeling to client-specific information.
- Estimated potential liability from presumed misconduct of tobacco companies dating back to the 1950s.