Lauren Trusheim specializes in analysis of industry and competition issues in the life sciences sector. She supports testifying experts and works with counsel on behalf of clients through all stages of litigation and government investigations. She has considerable experience leading teams in the review and analysis of large healthcare data sets and has a deep expertise in pharmaceutical marketing and pricing. She also has experience in matters involving the False Claims Act and Anti-Kickback Statute, intellectual property, contract disputes, and damages assessment.
BA, Economics and Strategy and Philosophy-Neuroscience-Psychology, Washington University
- In In re Generic Pharmaceuticals Pricing Antitrust Litigation and in related government investigations, provided consulting and discovery support on behalf of a large generic pharmaceutical manufacturer in connection with allegations that it conspired to fix prices or allocate markets.
- In In re National Prescription Opiate Litigation, supported testifying experts and counsel with data analysis of marketing and prescribing data to evaluate causation and damages on behalf of a manufacturer defendant concerning allegations of inappropriate marketing of prescription opioids.
- In Amgen Inc. v. Sanofi Aventisub LLC and Regeneron Pharmaceuticals, Inc., supported the expert's testimony regarding the eBay factors in a matter involving permanent injunction on behalf of Amgen, alleging infringement of its patents.
- In Jacob J. Beckel v. Fagron Holding USA, LLC, et al., supported testifying expert on behalf of Fagron in the context of alleged fraudulent misrepresentation relating to the pricing practices of Fagron’s Bellevue Pharmacy subsidiary.
- In United States v. Novartis Pharmaceuticals Corp., supported Dr. Eric Gaier and counsel with analysis of marketing, prescribing, and claims data to assess causation and damages on behalf of Novartis in connection with alleged FCA violations associated with alleged kickbacks concerning Novartis’s promotional events for ten self-administered drugs indicated for hypertension or type 2 diabetes.