Rachel Piemonte supports testifying experts, provides consulting support, and leads teams that review and analyze large, complex data sets in various matters and through all stages of litigation. She has focused on projects involving mortgages and residential mortgage-backed securities (RMBS) and also has experience with other financial instruments such as collateralized debt obligations (CDOs). Rachel has also worked on projects in the pharmaceutical industry, including projects involving Medicare and Medicaid, third-party health plans, and pharmaceutical wholesalers.
MS, Applied Economics, Johns Hopkins University
BS, Accounting & Economics, magna cum laude, Nazareth College
- Supported the testifying expert in analyzing issues of causation and calculating additional harm to an insurer caused by alleged misrepresentations.
- Supported the testifying expert on a breach of contract dispute regarding the assets purchased by the asset manager and trustee of a European CDO.
- Supported the testifying and consulting experts in multiple RMBS matters on behalf of monoline insurers, investors, and government agencies in disputes with mortgage originators and RMBS securitizers concerning underwriting quality for mortgage loans.
- On behalf of a large private RMBS investor, analyzed portfolio of over 30 RMBS investments and developed causation analysis and damage methodologies.
- In United States Securities and Exchange Commission v. Mudd et al., supported testifying expert on behalf of the SEC.