Mara Albaugh supports testifying experts, provides consulting support, performs statistical analyses, and leads teams that review and analyze large, complex data sets in various matters. She has focused extensively on projects involving mortgages and residential mortgage-backed securities (RMBS). She has also worked on projects in the healthcare and pharmaceutical industry, including projects involving Medicare and Medicaid, third-party health plans, and medical device manufacturers.
MA, Economics, Miami University
BA, Anthropology, Miami University
- Supported the testifying and consulting experts in multiple RMBS matters on behalf of monoline insurers, investors, and government agencies in disputes with mortgage originators and RMBS securitizers concerning underwriting quality for mortgage loans.
- Supported expert on behalf of FGIC in the matter Financial Guaranty Insurance Company (FGIC) v. Countrywide Home Loans.
- Supported the testifying expert on a breach of contract dispute regarding the assets purchased by the asset manager and trustee of a European CDO.
- Supported consulting expert on fair lending issues on behalf of a major subprime mortgage lender accused of discriminating on the basis of race in permitting brokers to subjectively set fees and yield spread premium.
- For a major prime and subprime mortgage lender, supported consulting expert reviewing factors related to credit risk on disparate impact.
- Analyzed and managed data for an econometric model to predict the date of early resolution in litigation involving accounting fraud in the bankruptcy of a major energy company.
- Supported expert on behalf of the joint defense group in The Commonwealth of Massachusetts v. Mylan Laboratories, an ongoing case involving allegations of Average Wholesale Price fraud.
- Supported the expert work of academic affiliate on behalf of defendants in State of California ex rel. Ven-A-Care v. Abbott Laboratories.