Katherine Gottshall specializes in the electricity industry and in quantitative financial analysis. Her focus has been on designing and monitoring electricity procurements, evaluating utility resource planning decisions, and data analysis. Ms. Gottshall has extensive experience designing, monitoring, and implementing a wide range of competitive procurements. She has monitored more than 150 procurements, including long-term procurements for baseload and renewable energy resources, as well as short-term procurements for standard offer service full requirement products in several states. She has also built models to verify the results of the procurements ranging from ranking uniform bids to more complex models that assess the levelized busbar costs of unit-contingent bids.
BA, Mathematics and Economics, Wellesley College
- Testified on behalf of the Staff of the Public Service Commission of Maryland and provided recommendations on whether to accept the results of the Maryland Utilities’ 2014, 2015, and 2016 Requests for Proposals for Standard Offer Service. (Public Service Commission of Maryland Case Nos. 9056 and 9064)
- Managed engagements in the District of Columbia, Illinois, and Maryland, serving as procurement monitor for over a dozen procurements a year, ranging from full requirements, energy, and capacity procurements to solar and distributed generation REC procurements.
- Developed in-house models used to verify and rank uniform bids and complex models to assess the levelized busbar costs of unit-contingent bids.
- Assessed the Public Service Company of Oklahoma’s settlement to comply with EPA’s Regional Haze Rules and MATS.
- Completed and submitted various postbid reports for Ameren Illinois Company, Commonwealth Edison Company, and MidAmerican Energy Company for 2008–2018 RFPs to procure distributed generation renewable energy credits, solar renewable energy credits, capacity, and standard block energy products.
- Completed and submitted final reports of the Marketing Monitor Consultant on Potomac Electric Power Company’s RFP for Full Requirements Wholesale Supply to the District of Columbia’s Standard Offer Service Customers, for the DC Public Service Commission, 2008–2009 through 2017–2018.
- Completed and submitted regular 2007 metrics reports for Southwest Power Pool Energy Imbalance Services Market.