Arthur Zhou is a manager in the Antitrust and Competition Practice, where he has significant experience leading teams in the preparation of economic expert testimony and provides consulting support in both merger and monopolization matters. His experience includes telecommunications, oilfield services, offshore drilling, healthcare, distribution of consumer products, and computer networking cases. He specializes in analyzing large and complex data sets and conducting market research on behalf of both private companies and government regulatory agencies through all phases of litigation. Recently he has supported experts in a proposed merger in the beverage industry and the merger of Centene and WellCare, both of which involved assisting with second request compliance.
BA, Economics, Cornell University
- On behalf of Centene in connection with its proposed merger with WellCare, supported both organizations' efforts to respond to the Department of Justice's (DOJ) second request.
- On behalf of AT&T, supported the expert in assessing the potential competitive effects of AT&T's proposed $48 billion acquisition of DirecTV during an extended review of the transaction by the DOJ and FCC.
- Supported the testifying expert on behalf of the DOJ regarding the proposed $34.6 billion oilfield services merger of Halliburton and Baker Hughes.
- In support of the expert, assessed the potential competitive effects of the proposed $2.4 billion offshore drilling merger between Ensco PLC and Rowan Companies PLC.
- Supported testifying expert on behalf of Songkick’s antitrust suit against Ticketmaster and Live Nation in Complete Entertainment Resources LLC v. Live Nation Entertainment, Inc., et al.
- Supported testifying expert on behalf of Arista Networks’ antitrust suit against Cisco Systems (Arista Networks, Inc. v. Cisco Systems, Inc.).
- For a research paper, assisted with an empirical exploration of the competitive effects of institutional common ownership within the airline industry.
- Supported lead expert on behalf of DOJ in analyzing the proposed merger of college sports marketing firms IMG College and Learfield Communications, LLC.
- Assessed the competitive effects of a proposed merger involving distribution of consumer products. Assisted counsel with second request compliance and conducted several merger retrospective studies to assess the impact of past mergers on distributor pricing and wholesale margins.