Giving back to the community is an integral part of the Bates White culture. Through our Community Connection program, any employee or group of employees can propose and organize initiatives for nonprofits they are passionate about. And when the pandemic hit, the program barely missed a beat. Employees tapped into their creativity to find ways to continue their favorite programs virtually and develop new ones! (See details.)
- Sixteen teams battled it out in the annual multi-event competition to raise money for the Penn State Dance Marathon, a student-run philanthropy dedicated to conquering childhood cancer.
- In a week-long competition, employees raced to solve New York Times mini crossword puzzles to support DC Scores.
- The firm partnered with the Children’s Law Center (CLC) to provide gifts and support to disadvantaged DC children and their caregivers through its annual Holiday Hope Drive (HHD). In addition to the drive, employees participated in a virtual Jeopardy! competition.
- Tapping into their creative side, employees participated in a gingerbread house and holiday cookie contest, and organized a virtual ugly sweater competition to support the the Believe in Tomorrow (BiT) Children’s Foundation.
- In a fierce competition for best photo, employees battled it out in a photography contest to support the International Rescue Committee.
- Our employees participated in a virtual costume contest and pumpkin carving event to celebrate Halloween and support Hope Connections.