Giving back to the community is an integral part of the Bates White culture. Through our Community Connection program, any employee or group of employees can propose and organize initiatives for nonprofits for which they are passionate. As a result, we consistently have more than 30 programs a year for a wide range of organizations. And in 2018, we set a new record of annual giving, donating more than $165,000.
- Bates White’s recent HBCU 20x20 summit (highlighting careers for students from Historically Black Colleges and Universities) included a Jenga Trivia contest that raised more than $1,200 for Penn Medicine’s Abramson Cancer Center.
- A group of Bates White employees helped prepare meals for DC Central Kitchen and raised more than $1,200!
- Employees cleaned out their bookshelves and donated nearly 500 books to Turning the Page.
- Our Summer Consultants organized this year’s fundraiser for Camp Kesem GW, raising more than $8,000 with balloon wars, singing grams, and a lunchtime competition!
- Bates White sponsored a field trip for Higher Achievement scholars to introduce them to the world of economics and consulting.
Enjoying morning smoothies, employees raised more than $2,000 for G-PACT, an organization dedicated to conducting research and providing support to those suffering from gastroparesis, a rare disorder that paralyzes the stomach.
- In our first-ever “Rock Paper Scissors” competition, we raised $2,400 for the National Center for Child Abuse Statistics and Policy.