Giving back to the community is an integral part of the Bates White culture. Through our Community Connection program, any employee or group of employees can propose and organize initiatives for nonprofits they are passionate about. And when the pandemic hit, the program barely missed a beat. Employees tapped into their creativity to find ways to continue their favorite programs virtually and develop new ones! (See details.)
- To raise funds for the Pancreatic Cancer Network, employees participated in their own version of the NPR show, Wait Wait... Don't Tell Me!
- Through a wine tasting, raffle, and auction, employees supported Bread for the City.
- Employees supported the Pan Asian community by raising funds for the Center for Pan Asian Community Services.
- To support Be the Match, employees virtually traveled the globe in a game of GeoGuessr.
- Sixteen teams battled it out in the annual multi-event competition to raise money for the Penn State Dance Marathon, a student-run philanthropy dedicated to conquering childhood cancer.
- In a week-long competition, employees raced to solve New York Times mini crossword puzzles to support DC Scores.