Giving back to the community is an integral part of the Bates White culture. Through our Community Connection program, any employee or group of employees can propose and organize initiatives for nonprofits for which they are passionate. As a result, we consistently have more than 30 programs a year for a wide range of organizations. And in 2017, we set a new record of annual giving, donating more than $140,000.
- Employees volunteered at DC Central Kitchen to prepare nutritious meals for homeless shelters, clinics, and other local organizations.
- Bates White hosted 15 students from Techbridge Girls to demonstrate how STEM skills are applied in the business world.
- Employees granted holiday wishes for six children and raised more than $2,200 for the Children’s Law Center Holiday Hope program.
- At the fifth annual Write-It Do-It challenge, employees competed to rebuild a structure made of Tinker Toys, K’Nex, and office supplies, raising more than $3,300 for Ghana Make a Difference, an organization that supports orphaned and abandoned children in Ghana with education, vocational, and medical resources.
- Employees bid on items to “Dress the Boss” at this year’s Ghosts and Goblins for Hope Connections for Cancer Support, resulting in unusual costume combinations and raising more than $3,500.
- Employees cleaned out their closets and donated more than 1,600 items of clothing to Bread for the City during our semi-annual clothing drive.