Giving back to the community is an integral part of the Bates White culture. Through our Community Connection program, any employee or group of employees can propose and organize initiatives for nonprofits they are passionate about. And when the pandemic hit, the program barely missed a beat. Employees tapped into their creativity to find ways to continue their favorite programs virtually and develop new ones! (See details.)
- Employees raised money to support the International Rescue Committee’s work to provide humanitarian aid for Afghan communities in crisis.
- Continuing the firm’s long tradition of helping the Children’s Law Center provide legal services to children and their guardians, hybrid teams (in office and virtual) worked together to solve puzzles and play games.
- The firm’s Summer Consultant cohort organized a week-long BW Olympics competition where teams competed in GeoGuesser and TypeRacer challenges, dressed up in a costume competition, and participated in a trivia challenge to support the District Alliance for Safe Housing.
- By participating in a chocolate tasting and buying chances to win chocolate towers donated by Vosges Haut Chocolat, employees provided support to Martha’s Table.
- At the firm’s second annual spelling bee, teams competed in a virtual event to benefit the Crohn’s and Colitis Foundation—the final word was phlegmatic.
- In the 10th annual Battle of the Pedometers, employees logged a total of 18,765,520 steps (that’s equal to traversing 157,273 football fields and burning more than 700,000 calories) in three weeks to raise funds for Higher Achievement.