Giving back to the community is an integral part of the Bates White culture. Through our Community Connection program, any employee or group of employees can propose and organize initiatives for nonprofits they are passionate about. And when the pandemic hit, the program barely missed a beat. Employees tapped into their creativity to find ways to continue their favorite programs virtually and develop new ones! (See details.)
- Our employees participated in a virtual costume contest and pumpkin carving event to celebrate Halloween and support Hope Connections.
- Employees battled it out to see who could have the best formal outfit, accessory, pet, and Zoom background to support Zamfund.
- In this year’s pedometer challenge, 81 participants logged more than 18 million steps! The winning team selected United Way Worldwide to receive this year’s proceeds.
- We're so proud of our Summer Consultants for raising money for the DC Public Education Fund. We had a blast with Spirit Wars week!
- Our employees scoured their homes and neighborhoods while competing in a scavenger hunt to support the National Coalition Against Domestic Violence.
- To support the NAACP Legal Defense Fund and its fight against racial injustice, employees put on a virtual showcase, highlighting our incredible diversity of talent to raise money for NAACP!
- Employees had fun supporting Children's Law Center with their own take on NPR's Wait Wait Don't Tell Me.