Giving back to the community is an integral part of the Bates White culture. Through our Community Connection program, any employee or group of employees can propose and organize initiatives for nonprofits for which they are passionate. As a result, we consistently have more than 30 programs a year for a wide range of organizations. And in 2018, we set a new record of annual giving, donating more than $165,000.
- A group of Bates White employees helped prepare meals for DC Central Kitchen and raised more than $1,200!
- Employees cleaned out their bookshelves and donated nearly 500 books to Turning the Page.
- Our Summer Consultants organized this year’s fundraiser for Camp Kesem GW, raising more than $8,000 with balloon wars, singing grams, and a lunchtime competition!
- Bates White sponsored a field trip for Higher Achievement scholars to introduce them to the world of economics and consulting.
- The firm supported DC Scores by volunteering at the DC Scores Jamboree and playing in the DC Scores Cup.
- Employees donated more than 1,500 items of clothing during our spring clothing drive for Bread for the City.
- In our first-ever “Rock Paper Scissors” competition, we raised $2,400 for the National Center for Child Abuse Statistics and Policy.