M&A due diligence and investment activity
Bates White provides due diligence, risk analysis, and valuation services to corporations, investment banks, private equity groups, and law firms involved in mergers and acquisitions, capital investments, and divestitures. Using our scenario-based approach, we work with clients to assess business, financial, and legal issues and evaluate the merits of transactions involving potential risks. We also develop risk profiles that help our clients understand the strategic and financial ramifications of environmental and product liability-related issues involved in a transaction opportunity.
- Assessed asbestos liability of an engineering company as part of due diligence for a potential acquisition by an investment firm.
- Estimated potential silica liability for a potential acquisition by a private equity firm.
- Analyzed potential asbestos liability of a transportation products manufacturer as part of due diligence for potential acquisition.
- Estimated potential liability from presumed misconduct of tobacco companies dating back to the 1950s.
- Provided asbestos liability assessments as part of due diligence for potential acquisitions and as part of postmerger fraudulent conveyance litigation for numerous companies dealing in the chemicals, petroleum, and transportation industries.
- Estimated potential liability arising from exposure to petroleum operations as part of postmerger fraudulent conveyance litigation.