For the fourth consecutive year, Global Competition Review has named Bates White in its “Economics 20,” a listing of the world’s leading competition economics firms. Selection into this group of 20 firms is highly competitive and determined by an independent survey that analyzes nominated firms’ size, presence of leading economists, recent client successes, historical pedigree, and market visibility.Read more
Bates White’s European partner, ESMT Competition Analysis, has changed its name to E.CA Economics. Bates White and E.CA Economics maintain an exclusive partnership to provide antitrust services in the United States and the European Union.Read more
Representative joint engagements
Bates White and E.CA Economics deliver antitrust solutions to clients in the United States and Europe.
- Provided economic analysis and data support to defendants in connection with international freight forwarding industry investigations in the United States and Europe.
- Appeared before the DOJ and EC regarding concerns about possible effects of the proposed online search advertising agreement between Yahoo! and Google. Developed models that explored likely competitive effects of the agreement in the United States and Europe.
- Appeared before the FTC and supported expert presentations to the EC regarding concerns about possible effects of Google’s acquisition of DoubleClick.
- Providing consulting services and expert testimony in a chemical industry price-fixing matter filed in Europe. Many defendants have pled guilty and paid fines to the European Commission. We are supporting clients in litigation being pursued in European courts.
- Advised a client on possible antitrust claims relating to aftermarket conduct in the commercial aircraft industry in both Europe and the United States.