- Our Firm
- What Clients Say
- Women’s Network
- Halbert White (1950-2012)
Bates White Community Connection
Giving back to the community is an integral part of the Bates White culture. We sponsor more than 25 initiatives each year, all of which are proposed and organized by our employees, who are passionate about giving. Throughout the year, individuals earn raffle tickets for volunteering, contributing money, and donating goods. At our annual holiday celebration, prizes are awarded, and we celebrate our giving back. In addition to the raffle, the firm encourages community efforts by providing resources, matching donations, and assisting in other ways to make it all happen.
Of particular note, Bates White was ranked the #3 firm for philanthropy in the 2016 Vault Consulting 50. And, in recognition of our partnership with Higher Achievement, Bates White received the “Greatest Impact on a Local Nonprofit” award from Greater DC Cares.
- Our 2016 Summer Consultants organized a Balloon War, Snack Drive, and Casino Night to raise more than $6,000 for Camp Kesem, an organization that provides free summer camp to children whose families have been touched by cancer.
- For one month, more than 100 employees walked a total of 18,000 miles in our annual Battle of the Pedometers. The winning teams split the proceeds, sending more than $2,800 to multiple nonprofit organizations
- Bates White raised $2,500 for the OneOrlando Fund, an organization supporting the victims and families of the Pulse tragedy.
- More than 20 employees, family, and friends crossed the finish line at the Lawyers Have Heart 10K and 5K runs. Bates White raised $2,800 for the American Heart Association through a mini-golf tournament in the office and team registrations.
- Employees donated close to 1,000 pieces of clothing to Bread for the City.
- The firm’s salad bar/African cuisine potluck raised more than $2,000 for Zamfund, a nonprofit organization that provides female students living in Zambia with scholarships to attend high school. This was enough to send three students to school for a year!
- Employees packed close to 100 boxes of food and raised more than $2,700 for Capital Area Food Bank.